Associate, Strategic Initiatives
Title: Associate, Strategic Initiatives
Team: Stakeholder Relations
Reports to: Director, Strategic Initiatives
Founded in 1977 during the oil crisis, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders that promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and greater energy security.
The Strategic Initiatives Associate is responsible for supporting the Alliance’s current strategic initiatives portfolio, which includes the Systems Efficiency Initiative, Global Alliance for Energy Productivity, EP 100, and a soon-to-be launched transportation initiative. He/she also will support research and fundraising efforts for new initiatives that support the goal of doubling national and global energy productivity through the deployment of energy-efficient technologies and practices. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, and the Associate will work closely with the broader Stakeholder Relations team, specifically the VP of Strategic Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the activities of high-level Commissions, Steering Committees, and other bodies that provide leadership for the Alliance initiatives. Duties include drafting foundational documents, managing communications with committee members, managing committee meeting logistics, and participating in and recording the proceedings of committee meetings.
- Deliver high-quality research and writing projects in support of Alliance initiatives on various subject areas, including energy-efficient transportation, corporate efficiency performance, and international energy efficiency and climate issues.
- Support external-facing activities of the team by drafting communications materials, as needed, including talking points, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, articles, blogs, reports, and advocacy pieces related to the Alliance’s Strategic Initiatives.
- Support VP of Strategic Development in researching and securing funding for new strategic initiatives. Duties include researching and drafting grant proposals, developing and maintaining prospecting lists, scheduling and tracking prospecting calls/meetings, and managing the invoicing and receipt of corporate donations.
- Support strong funder/foundation relationships by drafting regular funder updates, grant reports, and other materials as needed.
- Work with the Stakeholder Relations and Policy & Communications teams to ensure that the goals and outcomes of the Strategic Initiatives inform the development of advocacy positions on federal policy.
- Perform administrative duties, including fielding phone and email inquiries; making travel arrangements, drafting general correspondence; scheduling appointments; maintaining files; and other activities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in energy or environmental studies, political science, government relations, public policy or related field.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, and database software.
- Experience with energy issues.
- Self-motivation and ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines for numerous simultaneous activities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team environment.
- Experience communicating and interacting with stakeholders from a variety of countries and cultures.
Preferred Experience or Skills:
- Experience and skill with quantitative, economic, and/or technical analysis.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency policies and programs (e.g., utility regulation and programs, building codes and appliance standards, efficiency financing) and technologies.
- Experience working with a range of partners with different perspectives.
- Experience with grant writing and grant reporting.
Annual salary for this position is $40,000. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: https://rn11.ultipro.com/NEO1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*B3A661794180196D
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.