About the Organization
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world.
We serve as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. From advancing the off-grid solar technologies, bringing power to energy-impoverished people, to cutting the catastrophic climate impacts of air conditioning, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances. Learn more about our programs.
CLASP seeks a highly motivated and detailed-oriented professional to provide service-oriented support to program staff on contracting and due diligence. This role will include supporting all applicable stages of program development and implementation while keeping the program compliant with funder requirements and CLASP policies. The applicable stages include proposal preparation, due diligence, contracting, sub-grantee due diligence, contract close out, and sub-award and vendor agreement administration. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Contracts Specialist will implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures in accordance with CLASP standards and funder requirements.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and results-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to work individually and on a team. This person will have experience managing contracts and deadlines; they will be skilled at prioritizing various tasks with daily, weekly, or monthly timelines while simultaneously handling one-time short term or unexpected requests. Attention to detail is critical to this position, as are the abilities to be flexible and timely. The candidate must be willing to learn software, systems, and processes and to take the initiative to understand, create, and refine best practices.
Box checkers need not apply. Creative, open-minded, innovative self-starters welcome.
- Responsible for all procurement, due diligence, and contracting, and ensuring contracts are written to protect the organization and its intellectual rights while balancing the partners’ interests.
- Review and perform due diligence on all vendors who submit a pre-qualification questionnaire to determine if they meet contracting eligibility requirements.
- Oversee all procurement policies and supporting systems.
- Work with funding partners on due diligence requirements as needed.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures for all procurement systems.
- Provide training to staff on procurement processes and policies.
- Support program and operations staff as needed on ad hoc requests.
- Support program and business development teams preparing due diligence, terms and conditions, and other ad hoc required items.
- When necessary, work with CLASP’s attorneys to seek input and guidance on contract and document updates and revisions.
- Participate in program kick-offs, on-going program implementation reviews, and program close-outs.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of funders’ and CLASP’s procurement policies and procedures and serving as a resource for program teams.
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with in-country staff and the team in Washington, DC.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors in accounting, finance, business administration or legal studies
- 3-5 plus years of experience in contracting or similar role
- Experience with or background in legal sector a plus
- Working knowledge of applicable federal government circulars 2 CFR 200 (OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133)
- US and International agency government contracting requirements (US and DFID minimum)
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize various daily/weekly/monthly tasks and projects while working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of or experience with CRM tools a plus
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic approach
- Ability to be detail-orientated and highly organized
- Ability to respond to tasks on short notice in a timely and efficient manner
Compensation and Location
Salary is commensurate with experience. CLASP offers competitive benefits, including a collegial office environment that supports wellness and flexible telecommuting options after a certain period of employment. This position is full-time and based in the organization's Washington, D.C. office. Occasional travel, as well as evening or weekend hours, may be required. CLASP is an equal opportunity employer.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP with this search. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. This position will remain open until filled.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.