Digital Communications Associate
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking a Digital Communications Associate to help its Policy & Communications Team promote energy efficiency to the media, public and policymakers. Joining a growing team and reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Associate’s primary responsibility will be to manage the Alliance's social media, email and website platforms. The associate must be able to juggle multiple tasks requiring diverse skills under tight deadlines. We are looking for someone with sharp political instincts and strong technical skills across a variety of digital platforms. Skills test required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Alliance social media platforms, including editorial calendar, daily content and advertising.
- Monitor social media platforms for Alliance mentions and engagement opportunities; strong focus on tracking energy policy news and conversations.
- Answer and respond to questions and engagements from social media audiences.
- Support Alliance initiatives, trips, news and events on social media, including live-tweeting.
- Amplify advocacy alerts through social media platforms.
- Research ongoing updates to social media platforms and emerging trends.
- Serve as internal staff lead on pending ASE.ORG redesign, including managing timelines, developing content and interfacing with the design firm.
- Serve as primary point person for maintaining ASE.ORG as a timely, compelling, creative website.
- Work with teams to develop, edit and approve content for ASE.ORG, with specific focus on maintaining the homepage, About Us, Initiatives, Policy, and Events sections.
- Support maintenance of additional Alliance websites, including eeglobalforum.org, globalproductivity.org, lumennow.org and bcapcodes.org.
E-mail and Print Marketing
- Manage editorial calendars for email marketing and Blog to Save Energy.
- Format and send all marketing emails, including the Alliance's weekly and monthly e-newsletter.
- Edit and maintain corporate collateral suite, including Associate membership materials, letterhead, presentation/report templates, business cards, one-pagers, etc.
- Support Communications Manager with development of annual report and additional collateral.
- Manage vendors including e-mail marketing platform (Emma), media software (Cision), web support contractors, printer(s), etc.
- Prepare monthly social media, email marketing and web metrics and reports.
- Provide staff training on digital media platforms and ensure established digital media protocols and best practices are being followed.
- Execute special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public policy or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media, public relations, media relations, communications.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor.
- Enthusiasm for advocacy- and issue-oriented communications work and for promoting the Alliance’s messages to the public and policymakers.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Basic HTML understanding and website management experience (Drupal, WordPress).
- Photography and video editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.) is a plus.
Salary range is $40,000-45,000, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: https://rn11.ultipro.com/NEO1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*17128C85099394F9