Title: Executive Assistant
Team: Events & Executive Affairs Office
Reports to: Events Associate
Founded in 1977 during the oil crisis, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders that promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and greater energy security.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day administrative needs of the President are met. The individual must be a motivated, assertive, responsible, self-directed individual. This person must be comfortable interacting with senior level professionals, including the Alliance Executive team as well as external contacts from corporations, government and peer organizations. S/he must have superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills and sound judgment, and should be interested to work in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated staff in a mission-focused organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to the President.
- Serve as secretary to the President, managing incoming phone calls, letters and email communications.
- Manage the President’s calendar, including time, tasks and scheduling all appointments and meetings.
- Take primary responsibility to coordinate and prepare final materials for Board meetings, including Board books. Set up and manage logistics of all Board meetings.
- Execute writing and research assignments, as well as special projects, as directed by the President.
- Assist the President in preparing for meetings.
- Handle all travel for the President.
- Provide general administrative support, including photocopying, word processing, filing (both paper and electronic) and faxing.
- Participate in departmental meetings, as appropriate.
- Prepare expense reports for the President and COO.
- Perform other related duties, including event planning support, as assigned by the Events Associate, President and COO.
- At least 1 year prior office experience providing administrative support; experience in a policy, legal or corporate office environment is a plus.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Confidentiality a must.
- Ability to be flexible with range and intensity of assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to establish/follow routine processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision
Salary range is $40-45k, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: https://rn11.ultipro.com/NEO1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=77
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.