Executive Assistant to the President
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Team: Executive Office
Reports to: COO
Founded in 1977 during the oil crisis, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders that promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and greater energy security.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day administrative needs of the President are met. The individual must be a motivated, assertive, responsible, self-directed individual. This person must be comfortable interacting with senior level professionals, including the Alliance Executive team as well as external contacts from corporations, government and peer organizations. S/he must have superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills and sound judgment, and should be interested to work in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated staff in a mission-focused organization.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to the President.
- Serve as secretary to the President, managing incoming phone calls, letters and email communications.
- Manage the President’s calendar, including time, tasks and scheduling all appointments and meetings.
- Take primary responsibility to coordinate and prepare final materials for Board meetings, including Board books. Set up and manage logistics of all Board meetings.
- Execute writing and research assignments, as well as special projects, as directed by the President.
- Assist the President in preparing for meetings.
- Handle all travel for the President.
- Provide general administrative support, including photocopying, word processing, filing (both paper and electronic) and faxing.
- Participate in departmental meetings, as appropriate.
- Prepare expense reports for the President and COO.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by the President and COO.
- At least 2 years prior office experience providing administrative support; experience in a policy, legal or corporate office environment is a plus.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Confidentiality a must.
- Ability to be flexible with range and intensity of assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to establish/follow routine processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision.
Salary range is $40-45k, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: https://rn11.ultipro.com/NEO1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*053E886BF96008F1