Fall Internship: Policy & Research
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking an organized, attentive, and motivated intern to supports its Policy & Research Team. The ideal candidate has strong writing and speaking skills, an interest in energy policy, and the ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The internship begins on September 5th and extends through mid-December at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($12.50/hour). Sick leave and other benefits offered. This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term. Preference will be given to candidates with Congressional office or campaign experience.
Duties will include:
· Conducting research and data collection on a wide variety of energy policy topics, including federal energy management, grid modernization, building energy codes, vehicle fuel economy, tax incentives, energy efficiency in the electric power sector, etc.
- Supporting the team’s work in summarizing and analyzing legislation.
- Attending and covering Congressional hearings and other events.
- Tracking federal legislation.
- Maintain contact information databases.
- Assembling advocacy packets and other materials.
- Drafting letters, fact sheets, and other documents.
- Staffing front desk (two shifts a week) and answering phones.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree—required
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in energy efficiency policy
- Comfort with initiating professional interactions with Congressional staff and Alliance Associates
How to Apply:
Please attach a resume and a cover letter as one file. Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." No phone calls, please.