Fall Internship: Strategic Development
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking a Strategic Development intern. This individual supports the development staff with prospecting, managing and strengthening the Alliance’s relationships among corporate, foundation and individual donor communities. The intern will also liaise with the Alliance teams on development-related projects. The candidate must have superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills and sound judgment. S/he must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated staff in a rapidly growing mission-focused organization.
The internship begins on September 5th and extends through mid-December at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($12.50/hour). Sick leave and other benefits offered. This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term.
Duties will include:
- Support the VP of Strategic Development with developing and implementing an overall Alliance donor expansion, including but not limited to researching relevant topics, drafting memos, arranging travel and meeting plans, and providing general administrative support;
- Research prospects for Associate corporate members, event sponsorship and individual major donors (Charles H. Percy Society), including compiling contact information;
- Work with Stakeholder Relations and Finance teams to track prospect contacts, new donation records and expense reports, and ensure consistency of the teams’ data;
- Compile membership and informational packets;
- Collaborate across teams to identify opportunities and ensure smooth transitions from initiative development to implementation;
- Draft and send letters to prospective members and/or donors;
- Aid with general Associate member tracking and correspondence;
- Assist with identification of and proposal submission to potential funding sources;
- Liaise with Alliance project teams on proposal-related issues, providing support materials as requested;
- Assist with other Stakeholder Relations team projects as necessary, which includes helping with the Associates corporate membership program and giving;
- Help with deliverables and logistical support for Education programs, including editing grant reports;
- Support the VP of Operations to coordinate with external stakeholders on the Alliance’s state registrations for charitable organization status.
- Staffing front desk (two shifts a week) and answering phones.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills
- Exercises initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision
- Superior judgment and diplomacy skills
- Skills in designing resource tools, materials and presentations for writing proposals
- Confidence and skill in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally
How to Apply:
Please attach a resume and a cover letter as one file. Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." No phone calls, please.