Fall Internship: Strategic Initiatives
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking a Strategic Initiatives intern to provide support to the Strategic Initiative team in their efforts to develop a portfolio of strategic initiatives that advance the overall mission and strategic goals of the Alliance to Save Energy.
The internship begins on September 5th and extends through mid-December at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($12.50/hour). Sick leave and other benefits offered. This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term.
Duties will include:
- Provide logistical and research support as needed for Alliance Strategic Initiatives including, but not limited to the Systems Efficiency Initiative, Transportation Initiative, Rate Design Initiative, EP100 and the Global Alliance for Energy Productivity;
- Assist with coordination among the many partners involved in the Alliance’s strategic initiatives, including managing websites, coordinating email communications, and providing administrative and logistical support for Steering Committee and technical committee meetings;
- Provide administrative support to manage the Steering Committees and Commissions related to individual initiatives, including but not limited to drafting memos, letters and making travel and meeting arrangements;
- Participate and take drafting memos in relevant meetings as requested by the Strategic Initiatives Director;
- Provide support in preparations and logistics for meetings with U.S. and international partners;
- Developing research on relevant topics of interest to the team;
- Staffing front desk (two shifts a week) and answering phones.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree—required
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in energy efficiency policy
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills
- Skills in designing resource tools, materials and presentations for writing proposals
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally
How to Apply:
Please attach a resume and a cover letter as one file. Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." No phone calls, please.