Fall Internship: Strategic Initiatives Team
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking an intern to join and support the Strategic Initiatives team, which develops and implements a diverse set of initiatives that advance the overall mission and strategic goals of the organization. The Strategic Initiatives team aims to:
- Contribute knowledge about and promote energy efficiency and energy productivity in key areas are of the economy where there is need for increased attention or collaboration;
- Provide meaningful areas of engagement for Alliance Associates (corporate/organization partners); and
- Strengthen and expand the Alliance’s core areas of expertise and thus broaden the Alliance’s base of support.
The Intern will provide support as needed for Alliance Strategic Initiatives, including the Systems Efficiency Subcommittee, the 50x50 Commission for U.S. Transportation Sector Efficiency, EP100, the India Energy Productivity Roadmap, and the Global Alliance for Energy Productivity.
The internship begins as early as August 1st and extends through mid-December 2018 at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The position is paid ($13.25/hour), and sick leave is offered. This is a full-time position, and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during working hours through the period of the internship.
Duties will include:
- Provide research support for Alliance Strategic Initiatives related to topics including energy efficiency policy and trends, energy efficiency case studies, and partner organizations;
- Assist with coordination among the many stakeholders involved in the Alliance’s Strategic Initiatives, including managing websites and coordinating email communications;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for relevant meetings (of committees and Commissions related to individual initiatives, as well as with U.S. and international partners) including but not limited to taking notes, preparing PowerPoint presentations, drafting memos and letters, and making travel and meeting arrangements;
- Develop draft content for the Alliance’s Blog to Save Energy;
- Take notes in Congressional hearings and other relevant meetings outside the Alliance; and
- Assist with shifts at front desk reception (welcome guests, accept packages, answer phone calls). Interns usually have ample time to work on other projects while staffing the front desk.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree—required;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments;
- Self-motivation and dependability;
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in energy efficiency policy;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and communication skills;
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create documents and presentations; and
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
How to Apply:
Submit your application online at:
Please include a cover letter with your resume, uploaded as one file (PDF or Word). Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." No phone calls, please.