Take the Plunge: Water Efficiency Video Tips
Article written by Alliance communications assistant John Buarotti.
Does money trickle out of your wallet faster than water does from your faucet?
In six videos, the Alliance to Save Energy’s Monique O’Grady tells you how to keep money in your wallet, while saving water in your home.
Rinse, Flush and Wash Smarter
Each video showers you with at least one big tip to be water efficient. These practical solutions encourage you to:
- Use low-flow fixtures to curb your water use,
- Fix leaks that could be wasting you hundreds of gallons of water,
- Cold-water wash to save and keep your clothes bright,
- Stop flushing your money down the drain with energy-efficient toilets,
- Install a tankless water heater to provide hot water when you need it, and
- Use an Energy Star-labeled dishwasher because it uses less water than handwashing.