Events & Executive Affairs Associate
The Events & Executive Affairs Associate will support marketing, sponsor engagement and registration for all Alliance to Save Energy signature events, including EE Global, the Evening with the Stars of Energy Efficiency Awards Dinner and Great Energy Efficiency Day. He/she will also be responsible for developing and executing a robust offering of events for participants in the Alliance Associates network, including Congressional Briefings, Congressional Field Trips, Policy Perspectives events and receptions. Additionally, he/she will also support the day-to-day administrative needs of the President and COO. This individual must be a motivated, assertive, responsible, self-directed and comfortable interacting with senior level professionals, including the Alliance Executive team as well as external contacts from corporations, government and peer organizations. The position will report directly to the Manager of Events & Executive Affairs and will be expected to work collaboratively across the organization.
SIGNATURE EVENTS (50%)
- Develop and maintain event website;
- Manage the invitation list, registration process, and attendee lists;
- Manage speaker logistics including maintenance of speaker database, drafting and issuing speaker invitations, speaker confirmation, follow-up, management, briefing and on-site logistics;
- Assist with on-site event management;
- Conduct appropriate follow-up activities, including drafting and issuing thank you letters, updating attendee lists, and collecting and analyzing participant evaluation reports to incorporate for next year.
Stars of Energy Efficiency Awards Dinner
- Manage the Awards Dinner Committee meetings including nomination tracking, committee invitations, agenda and slide creation, logistical arrangements and drafting of meeting minutes;
- Manage award finalist and winner correspondence and take the lead in drafting, sending and tracking presenter invitations;
- Assist with on-site event management;
- Conduct appropriate follow-up activities including drafting and issuing thank you letters.
Great Energy Efficiency Day
- Develop invitation lists, and oversee registration process;
- Assist with on-site event management.
EXECUTIVE AFFAIRS (25%)
Board of Directors Management
- Manage Board of Directors lists and related collateral, ensuring 100% accuracy always;
- Build relationships with Board members and their staff;
- Coordinate development of annual Board and ancillary meeting schedule;
- Secure venue and manage logistics for Board and ancillary meetings;
- Coordinate and prepare final materials for Board briefing books.
Work with the other Events & Executive Affairs Associate to:
- Assist the President in preparing for meetings and speaking engagements, including internal coordination of agendas, remarks, presentations, briefing books, etc.;
- Manage the President’s calendar, including time, tasks and scheduling appointments and meetings;
- Assist President in managing incoming phone calls, letters and email communications;
- Participate in and take minutes for departmental meetings, as appropriate;
- Prepare expense reports for the President and COO;
- Develop and maintain both an internal and external industry event calendar;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Events & Executive Affairs Manager, President and COO.
OTHER/ASSOCIATES EVENTS (25%)
Additional Event Planning
- Assist with programmatic marketing materials as needed;
- Assist with additional event planning, with a focus on events for Alliance Associates, including receptions, speaker breakfasts and Congressional field trips. Duties may include:
- Venue and vendor selection and management;
- Managing speaker invitation, confirmation and briefing process;
- Developing invitation lists and email marketing materials;
- Managing event registration;
- On-site logistics;
- Conducting event follow-up including thank-you letters, event reports and invoice processing.
- At least 1 year office experience;
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience;
- Strong attention to detail a must;
- Ability to be flexible with range and intensity of assignments;
- Ability to establish/follow routine processes and procedures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook; familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills;
- Initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision.
Salary range is $40-45k, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: https://rn11.ultipro.com/NEO1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=95
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.