About the BCSE
The Business Council for Sustainable Energy (BCSE) is a coalition of companies and trade associations from the energy efficiency, natural gas and renewable energy sectors, which also includes independent electric power producers, investor-owned utilities, public power, commercial end-users and environmental market service providers.
Founded in 1992, the Council advocates for policies at state, national and international levels that increases the use of commercially available clean energy technologies, products and services. The coalition's diverse business membership is united around the revitalization of our economy and creation of a secure and sustainable energy future for America.
About the Program Manager Position
BCSE seeks a Program Manager to support the organization’s communications efforts, assist with event planning and policy research, and support office operations. This is a full-time position based in the organization’s Washington, DC offices.
- Maintain day to day social media presence and manage social media accounts
- Manage BCSE quarterly newsletter publication
- Assist with website maintenance and content
- Prepare and help execute BCSE events – including e-communications, registration, catering, etc.
- Manage BCSE Database – entry and upkeep
- Conduct research and analysis on legislative and regulatory policies impacting clean energy sectors
- Support the BCSE’s Clean Air and Climate Policy Committee
- Various administrative tasks as necessary
Qualified candidates should have experience in the communications and/or energy and environment fields with an interest in supporting the expansion of markets and demand for clean energy. Candidates should also have experience or interest in the enactment of energy and climate change policy that recognizes the benefits of a broad portfolio of clean energy technologies and services.
Candidates should also have:
- Strong research and professional writing skills – including attention to detail, grammar and organization of thoughts
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues, members and partners, and can work well both independently and as part of a small team
- Experience with planning and managing events
- Demonstrated social media savvy and understanding of its value to an organization
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or HTML, Constant Contact or other e-marketing and event platforms
- A willingness to chip in and eagerness to learn about all aspects of the operations of a clean energy business coalition
- An undergraduate degree and at least two years working experience in related fields
BCSE Issue Areas
The BCSE advocates for policies that will advance the growth and deployment of clean energy in the United States and abroad, and is a policy-focused organization, driven by the interests of its members. Currently, the Council is working on policy topics that include clean air and climate change, energy, finance and appropriations, infrastructure, resilience and tax policy at the state and federal government levels. At the international level, the Council works on multi-lateral cooperative efforts on clean energy and climate change, including technology promotion, investment/finance and trade.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Lisa Jacobson (email@example.com). Interviews will begin in September.