Senior Associate, Policy & Analysis
About the Organization
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world.
We serve as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. In this role, we have worked with over 100 countries. From advancing the off-grid solar technologies and bringing power to energy-impoverished people to cutting the catastrophic climate impacts of air conditioning, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances. Learn more about our programs.
Since 2001, CLASP has supported the Government of India and India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency, to build, strengthen, and accelerate India’s appliance energy efficiency policies. Our support is core to national efforts to conserve energy in India. Learn more about our India program.
Senior Associate, Policy & Analysis
CLASP seeks a highly motivated professional to join a well-established and highly functioning team in New Delhi that is designing and executing a robust and diverse portfolio of projects on appliance energy efficiency. This position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the advancement of the Government of India’s energy efficiency goals and objectives.
The Senior Associate will be a key member of the CLASP India program team and will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of CLASP’s strategy, plans, and deliverables for the India program. The Senior Associate will work closely with colleagues as well as external partners and stakeholders to lead the development and execution of program goals and objectives in India, and will perform a wide range of activities including program and project management, stakeholder engagement and relationship development, program and policy planning, business development, and market and technology assessments. The Senior Associate will work collaboratively with CLASP’s Policy and Analysis team in Washington, D.C., Africa, Europe, and Southeast Asia, as well as a wide network of international partners and program stakeholders in India, including government agencies, funding institutions, program partners, appliance manufacturers and distributors, and local and international NGOs and companies to support standards development and implementation in India, as well as other countries and regions as needed.
The Senior Associate will report to the Program Manager of the India program and will be based in New Delhi, India.
- Engage with India team on scoping of a complex, fast-moving programmatic portfolio, develop annual work plan with goals and objectives related to program and projects, and actively contribute to the development of strategies and plans to achieve the program goal.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the India team in the design and execution of current and planned program activities including product market assessments, technical studies, and strategic plans.
- Provide project management support for activities in India, draft terms of reference and RFPs for technical studies, participate in the review and assessment of proposals, prepare budgetary estimates, and track and monitor programmatic activities and outcomes to ensure the highest quality work and outputs.
- Establish strong relationships and coordinate well with all key stakeholders in the sector, including government agencies, implementing partners, and other companies and organizations.
- Collaborate closely with CLASP’s communications team to prepare and disseminate compelling stories of program success, research outcomes, and lessons learned, and represent CLASP at workshops, conferences, and other stakeholder consultations on key issues.
- Collaborate with CLASP’s Policy & Analysis team to advance its growing portfolio in other countries and regions.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience in the design and management of energy-related projects and/or programs, with a strong preference for relevant experience in appliance energy efficiency policy, regulations, and technical analysis.
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and oral English and proven ability to convey technical content in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated ability to manage teams and contractors, and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse project stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to translate technical analysis to policy recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills and an orientation toward working in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree a relevant field preferred (e.g., engineering, international relations, environmental science) or equivalent professional/academic experience.
Compensation and Location
CLASP offers an excellent and competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience. This position is full-time and based in New Delhi, India. Working with colleagues across global time zones should be expected. Occasional travel to the U.S. and other global destinations will be required.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter as well as your salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. This position will remain open until filled. The first round of candidates will be reviewed March 5, 2019; applications will subsequently be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.