Transportation Program Director
Description: The Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP) is seeking a Transportation Program Director based in our Boulder, CO office. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and advocate state policies for increasing energy efficiency in the transportation sector including regulatory, incentive, and educational policies;
- Lead advocacy efforts with state legislatures, state agencies, public utility commissions, air quality commissions, metropolitan planning organizations, transit agencies; and municipal governments;
- Provide thought leadership for coalition efforts working on electrification of transportation in multiple states;
- Analyze the potential energy savings, costs, and benefits of policies and programs for increasing energy efficiency in the transportation sector;
- Keep abreast of new and emerging energy efficiency technologies and business models in the transportation area;
- Conduct outreach to raise awareness of these energy efficiency opportunities; and
- Build relationships with funders, including foundations, government agencies, major donors and businesses.
The Program Director will carry out these activities in conjunction with other SWEEP staff including one or more Transportation Program associates, SWEEP’s communications director, and state representatives.
SWEEP’s Transportation Program focuses on electrification of vehicles; vehicle efficiency; transportation planning and funding approaches that reduce vehicle miles travelled; and the advent of mobility as a service and autonomous vehicles. For more information on SWEEP’s Transportation Program, see http://www.swenergy.org/programs/transportation/index.html
Qualifications: Applicants should have at least 10 years experience working on energy efficiency in the transportation sector. Familiarity with policies that accelerate transportation electrification, increase vehicle fuel efficiency and reduce vehicle miles travelled is essential. Strong analytical and communications skills, ability to work independently, track record of “making a difference” and a personal commitment to a cleaner environment and more sustainable future. Experience working for a non-profit organization and ability to work in a wide variety of political environments is also a plus.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, as well as the opportunity to work in a relaxed environment close to the Rocky mountains.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019.
To apply, send brief cover letter and resume (no phone calls, please) to:
email@example.com with the subject line Transportation Director Opening.
SWEEP is the leading non-profit organization advancing energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information about our work, visit www.swenergy.org.
SWEEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.